Military Training Establishment, Hampshire
A traditional construction, joint use building comprising an accommodation wing and full dining facilities with training facilities and meeting room space. The project ran from January 2008 to September 2008 with an approximate value of £1.5 million.
"When there's no room for error, Dewco are the company to trust"
The building is served from one centralised plant room and incorporates the following systems:
- Heating - Gas-fired low pressure hot water systems with convector radiators, thermostatic radiator valves and underfloor heating, fed by 2 Hamworthy Purewell (total 280 kW output) fully modulating condensing boilers with Portland pressurisation unit.
- Plumbing - High-end sanitary ware including wall-mounted pans, countertop basins and shower enclosures. Hot water via Hamworthy solar thermal pre-heat system, 2 Hamworthy DR-RS 105 direct fired water heaters and buffer vessel.
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation - Daikin VRV III Heat Recovery Air Conditioning and heat recovery ventilation systems serve the lecture rooms, training suite and dining room. The kitchen facilities are provided with a VES Andover temperature controlled air handling unit. The accommodation wing is ventilated by VES Andover constant pressure units installed within the ceiling voids. The IT server room has close controlled air conditioning via Denco downflow duty/standby systems.
- Rainwater Harvesting - Underground rainwater harvesting tank and pressurisation system provided by Rain Harvesting Systems Ltd providing water to the WCs and urinals throughout the facility.
- Building Management System - Trend Building Management System comprising local control panels and front end computer system and software enabling full control, monitoring and energy metering of the installed mechanical and electrical plant.
This project saw our engineers carry out the very first installation of Hamworthy Heating’s new Solar Panel range in the UK. It was also our first opportunity to work with Rainwater Harvesting Ltd. We were impressed with the quality of both of their products and we will certainly be using them again in the future.
View more case studies
The project consists of three separate accommodation blocks at different locations on the Minley site comprising a 117 bed Senior Ranks and a 69 and a 74 bed Junior Ranks SLA.
Each block… read more
Replacement of the existing 180kW oil fired boiler located in the basement of the property where the boiler had been out of service for some time due to failure. The house was built in 1583… read more
Two modular Senior Rates accommodation blocks (134 beds in total) with a traditionally constructed central core area comprising function rooms, offices and meeting rooms. Served by a single… read more
A traditional construction, joint use building comprising an accommodation wing and full dining facilities with training facilities and meeting room space. The project ran from January 2008… read more