HMS Excellent, Gosport, Portsmouth
Two modular Senior Rates accommodation blocks (134 beds in total) with a traditionally constructed central core area comprising function rooms, offices and meeting rooms. Served by a single cold water, hot water and heating plant room within the modular section and ventilation plant room within the traditional section.
"The level of commitment, professionalism and genuine co-operation from the Dewco staff throughout the entire programme, has made the project an extremely enjoyable event to be associated with."
RNEO Project Sponsor
The project contains the following Building Services systems:
Modular Accommodation Block
- Heating - The 360 kW heating load is met by 3 No. wall mounted condensing boilers which serves the 3 No. variable temperature heating zones.
- Plumbing - Boosted cold water integrated within the plant room. 3 No. condensing water heaters installed capable of producing 6720 litres per hour or enabling all 134 occupants to take a shower within a 30 minute period.
- Ventilation - Individual duct and roof mounted in-line fans with silencers. All ensuites are ventilated at 25 litres per minute with a maximum noise rating of 35 NR
- Building Management System - A local Trend control panel with outstation is provided for control, monitoring and energy metering of all the plant within the Modular Accommodation Blocks and the Traditional Central Core Area. A new BMS front end system has been provided to enable this project and others to be controlled and monitored from a central position on site.
Traditional Central Core Block
- Function Rooms - Wet heating system with natural ventilation controlled by automated louvres supplemented by mechanical ventilation with heating and cooling to ensure comfort conditions during peak periods of up to 180 occupants. In addition night time cooling is automatically provided during the summer months via the automated louvres.
- Office and Meeting Spaces - Split heat pump systems or wet heating depending upon their use.
- Toilet Facilities - Centralised heat recovery ventilation with wet heating.
- Bar Facilities - Mechanical ventilation with heating and cooling.
This project saw a combination of both modular and traditional construction, with both programmes being fast paced in order to minimise the on-site disruption. The total combined length of the programme was 13 months from the start of the factory phase to the completion of both modular and traditional sections. The contract was valued at £1.6 million.
Modular Boiler Installation - Click to enlarge
Direct Fired Water Heaters - Click to enlarge
Toilet Facilities - Click to enlarge
View more case studies
The project consists of three separate accommodation blocks at different locations on the Minley site comprising a 117 bed Senior Ranks and a 69 and a 74 bed Junior Ranks SLA.
Each block… read more
Replacement of the existing 180kW oil fired boiler located in the basement of the property where the boiler had been out of service for some time due to failure. The house was built in 1583… read more
Two modular Senior Rates accommodation blocks (134 beds in total) with a traditionally constructed central core area comprising function rooms, offices and meeting rooms. Served by a single… read more
A traditional construction, joint use building comprising an accommodation wing and full dining facilities with training facilities and meeting room space. The project ran from January 2008… read more